Saturday, July 18, 2020

Ready, Set, DIEP!

HOLY smokes! My big day is so soon. I got my COVID test today and of course I'm crossing my fingers it's negative. I feel like I've just been coasting the last 2.5 weeks and I haven't done the nesting, the list-making, etc. that I did prior to my first surgery. Probably good because there's not much I can do, anyway. Good thing I'm a planner :) I guess most things are still taking care of themselves.

I met a new friend who is also going to the DIEP side on Tuesday with me. Her name is Tracey. It's nice to have someone who I'll be able to connect with and share stories.

I cooked for the first time tonight since surgery. Maybe I shouldn't have, but damn did it feel good! Vaida and I just don't have quite the same...cooking interests :) I LOVE cooking! I went out to the garden, picked a few eggplant, and whipped up some deliciousness - eggplant, red onion, fresh herbs, quinoa, marinara OHH LA LA (see my pic for more fun!).

I'm doing OK, just getting nervous. I'm SO ready to be on the other side. Several folks have actually said the PMX was worse in terms of home recovery than DIEP. We'll see. 

My tiny support circle has been nothing short of amazing and I'm SO grateful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's BACK, SHE's back..

Three years ago, I was losing my mind in anticipation [of the beginning of my previvor journey] and finding myself knee deep in houseplants ...