Saturday, July 4, 2020

First one down, how many to go?





I'm Post-Op Day (POD 2). I wish I could tell you that I feel great! I'm pretty uncomfortable. Starting back with Wednesday, though, because I intended to write the day before and the day after.

Wednesday, the day prior to surgery, was spent last-minute doing everything- nesting. Went to bed feeling great around 11 that night. Woke up Thursday around 5 am, again feeling great!

My surgical team was phenomenal! My surgeons are Dr. Tam Mai, General Surgeon, and Dr. Abigail Cochran, Plastic Surgeon. Dr. Andy Kim was my anesthesiologist and did a phenomenal job. I think I look pretty good, so far. My worry is being numb, will I know if I'm starting to have a complication? My incisions are underneath, which is great, but I can't see them. Hoping for the best.

Vaida has been the absolute BEST nurse a mom could have. I really don't know what I'd do without her.

Yesterday, POD1, was rough! Super rough. I had a really, really hard time sleeping Thursday night, Friday daytime, and finally got some sleep last night. I haven't slept much today and fireworks will probably pop through the night but I feel best when I'm sleeping.

I can already tell, it's going to require diligent effort to keep my glass half full these next few months. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's BACK, SHE's back..

Three years ago, I was losing my mind in anticipation [of the beginning of my previvor journey] and finding myself knee deep in houseplants ...